Atlanta Accident Attorney
When you have suffered an accidental injury in Atlanta
There are two types of accidents—those that just happen, and those caused by the negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing of others. When that happens, then it is time to talk with an experienced, responsive attorney to advise you. The Atlanta accident attorneys at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. have helped hundreds of personal injury victims not only in Atlanta but throughout Georgia.
If you or a loved one suffers such an injury, it is essential to put yourself in the best possible legal hands to obtain fair and full compensation for your injuries and the expenses they create. It is also important to take steps immediately that can help your case, if you are able or can ask a friend to help you at the scene.
Some evidence can not be retrieved if not preserved immediately. The experienced Georgia attorneys at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. recommend that if possible you:
- Take care of yourself and your loved ones. If you or a family memeber are injured in an accident, get medical help immediately. Sometimes injuries do not cause pain until a day or two after the accident when it is more difficult to establish a link between the accident and the injury. That’s why it is important to go to the emergency room immediately and get checked for even seemingly minor auto crashes, slip and fall accidents, and other mishaps.
- Secure relevant reports and records. For car accidents, it is important to call the police and not leave until they arrive at the scene and make a full reports. For a medical malpractice case, you must be sure to release your medical records to your accident attorney. In Georgia, without the right signed consent form, an attorney cannot represent you.
- Become an information gatherer. Get names, addresses, and phone numbers of parties involved in the accident including witnesses. Whatever the type of accident, record information with your cell phone or take notes. Take pictures of the accident, damage to all vehicles, and injuries of your loved ones. All of this information can help your accident lawyers in Atlanta present a strong case. If you are unable to do these things, ask a friend or relative to help you.
Accidents are serious business in Georgia
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that more than 27 million emergency department visits for unintentional injuries occur each year in the United States. The CDC reports that in Georgia, the fifth leading cause of death is accidents and that 3,879 deaths from accidents occurred in the state in 2006.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2008 there were 182 fatal occupational injuries in Georgia with 28 of them caused by falls, and 29 caused by being struck by an object or falling object.
- Injuries occur frequently on the roads and highways of Georgia.. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 1,493 traffic fatalities in Georgia in 2008.
When you are injured in an accident, seek out an attorney with extensive experience in accident injury cases as soon as possible. There are strict time limits for filing these types of cases—usually a maximum of two years. The Atlanta accident attorneys at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. offer you a free consultation. If we are able to make an claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf, there are no attorney fees charged unless we recover compensation for you.
We come to you within 48 hours of your call no matter where you are located in Georgia. Allow us to assess your case and inform you of the options available to you.
Contact an Atlanta accident attorney—One call, that’s all
Contact a Ken Nugent accident attorney in Atlanta who can help if you have been injured in a car wreck, as a result of medical malpractice, or a slip and fall anywhere in Georgia. Our experienced team is ready to start working on your case today. Contact Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. online, click on Chat Live, or call us toll free at 1-888-579-1790. We have offices in Albany, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Duluth, Macon and Savannah to serve clients throughout Georgia.