Georgia Personal Injury Lawyers
To assist you in understanding the issues involved in personal injury lawsuits, the knowledgeable Georgia personal injury lawyers of Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. offer the following answers to some important questions.
Frequently asked questions about settlement and litigation
- What are the benefits of a settlement in a Georgia accident?
- Is going to trial a better option?
- How do I know I am getting the best settlement?
- How is a settlement determined?
- How do I determine that an attorney is experienced in personal injury cases?
What are the benefits of a settlement in a Georgia accident?
When you are seriously injured in an accident caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another, a settlement is often the best route to take. A fair settlement avoids a lengthy trial and enables you to focus on healing.
Is going to trial a better option?
Most personal injury cases settle before going to trial. Your Georgia personal injury lawyer will gather facts and evidence to support your case and negotiate for the best settlement possible. In the event a settlement is not reached, then trial may be the appropriate forum to fight for the maximum compensation that you deserve.
How do I know I am getting the best settlement?
As an attorney who handles personal injury cases on a regular basis can assist you in determining whether or not to accept a settlement offer. Usually, the first offer made is far less than the other party or insurance company is willing to pay. Skilled negotiators can argue effectively to increase the compensation that is initially offered.
How is a settlement determined?
After examining all the issues and all of the evidence, and valuing the costs of such things as lost wages and future medical expenses, the parties come to an agreement about what constitutes fair compensation for the case.
- Ask for referrals from people you know and search the Internet for articles about local firms.
- Contact several lawyers and ask what percentage of the practice of the firm is devoted to personal injury.
- Visit the website of each firm you are considering to view results and statements from former clients, and to see what bar association memberships and honors the attorney might have.
If you have been injured in an accident, or have questions about settling a case, call our firm for a free consultation with an experienced Georgia personal injury lawyer. Simply contact Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. online, click on Chat Live above, or call us toll free at 1-888-579-1790.